Anxiety disorders are the most common form of psychological problem in the United States. Some reports indicate that up to 20% of people suffer from an anxiety disorder. Many well-known people have come forth admitting that they have an anxiety disorder (Donny Osmond, Kim Basinger and Barbra Streisand to name a few). Despite how common these disorders are, people are often reluctant to admit that they have an anxiety disorder. Perhaps because of this, people who have anxiety problems usually do not come for treatment. In fact, only about 25% of people who have an anxiety disorder receive proper treatment.
Are you or a loved one experiencing any of the following types of problems?
- Sudden, unexpected and scary surges in your anxiety
- Constant worrying
- Specific and debilitating fears such as spiders, heights or flying
- Frequent intrusive thoughts and worry about such things as germs/contamination, disease, safety or the need to get things just right
- Frequently find yourself getting caught up in behaviors such as excessive cleaning, hand washing or checking
- Avoiding being around people, social gatherings, conversations, or public presentations for fear of embarrassing yourself in some way
- Excessive worry about catching or already having a disease of some sort
If you are, then the Anxiety and Panic Treatment Center can help, whether you are here in Portland, Oregon, or around the world.
Cartoons created for the Anxiety and Panic Treatment Center by Renée Lévy